Why study AM and why with the AM College
The management of physical assets is for many organisations a core business activity therefore it is integral to business success. For some businesses, assets provide the entire means of revenue generation, while for others, assets support the continued success of the organisation. Assets (and their capabilities) need to be designed, acquired and maintained with careful consideration across their entire lifespan, if the business is to achieve the optimal result from their investment.
The ISO 55000 Assert Management Suite of Standards set the worldwide benchmark for the design, acquisition, operation and maintenance and disposal of physical assets. The application of these standards delivers a high level of assurance that assets are and remain, both “fit for purpose” and “safe to use” over their life cycle – while always providing the required return on investment. As more and more organisations adopt these standards however, certain challenges in implementation are becoming apparent.
Implementing ISO 55000 standards requires transformational change which affect multiple business units. Leaders seeking to implement this standard need to be equipped with the right knowledge strategies to embed the principles and requirements of the ISO 55000 standards in their organisation.
Founded by recognised leaders in the field, The Asset Management College (TAMC) is a fresh approach to professional asset management education focusing on developing the leaders of tomorrow. We achieve this by offering a range of specialist Asset Management and related training courses, with an emphasis on the technical, financial and economic processes, knowledge and skills to support asset management – as a strategic business discipline that provides a competitive advantage.
The Asset Management College offers a range of short and long asset management related courses that can be taken individually or, as units that can be combined towards the award of a Diploma of Strategic Asset Management Planning.
Our Principals were heavily involved in the development of the ISO 55000 Assert Management Suite of Standards. As a result, The Asset Management College is able to offer:
- Asset management familiarisation training programs for both internal and external auditors and assessors, including general awareness programmes, as well as
- The application of a Gap Analysis tool to assist in the development of a certification pathway for both organisations and individuals.
The Asset Management College’s Principal Instructors have been delivering professional Asset Management training all over the world for more than 15 years. In addition to training Board members, Senior Executives and Managers, students are drawn from a wide and diverse technical background ranging from Chartered Professional Engineers, Certified Practicing Accountants to trades and non-trades (technical and non-technical) staff. The Asset Management College’s Principals lecture both locally and internationally at academic and vocational institutions.
In addition to training Master’s Level students at Universities in Australia and Chile, Master’s Level training has also been conducted at Universities in Sweden and Brazil.
The Asset Management College is the owner of the accredited course, Diploma of Strategic Asset Management Planning. The course is on the Australian National Register as follows:
The Units of Competencies required to achieve the above Diploma Level course include:
- AMCSAM501A Develop a strategic asset management plan
- AMCAMS501A Develop the requirements for an asset management system
- AMCAMP501A Develop asset management plan(s)
- AMCEMP501A Prepare a systems engineering management plan
- AMCADM501A Prepare an asset data and information management plan
- AMCFGS501A Facilitate financial governance for an asset management system
- MSS405013A Facilitate holistic culture improvement in an organisation
- BSBFIA401A Prepare financial reports
- BSBMGT503A Prepare budgets and financial plans
- PSPGOV511A Provide leadership
- PSPMNGT701B Provide strategic direction
4th - 7th March 2019
12th - 14th March 2019
19th - 21st March 2019
3rd - 5th April 2019
17th - 19th April 2019
22nd - 26th April 2019
30th April - 2nd May 2019
7th - 9th May 2019
14th - 16th May 2019
21st - 23rd May 2019
28th - 30th May 2019
More 2019 Dates