Course Length: 3 days (including exam)
- Gain the Asset Management Knowledge required to become a Certified Asset Management Assessor (CAMA) from the World Partners in Asset Management (WPiAM);
- Obtain formal certification as a “Certified Asset Management Assessor” from World Partners in Asset Management (WPiAM)
- Gain the Asset Management knowledge to implement ISO 55001 and improve their business;
- Gain the knowledge of how to develop a Defensible Maintenance Budget (a key part of any Defensible Asset Management Plan and associated Budget)
- Gain an awareness of the essential 13 Key Asset Management activities needed to:
a. Develop a Defensible Asset Management Plan and associated Budget; that can also
b. Reduce Whole of Life Costs.
Course Target Audience: Senior technical and financial decisions makers
Course Summary: This three-day training program offers a thorough overview of asset management and the ISO 55001 Standard. The CAMA Course provides the asset management knowledge to enable course participants to perform the role of an auditor/assessor and undertake activities as a member of a team of auditors/assessors.
The role of an asset management system auditor/assessor is to:
- Provide strategic knowledge from multiple disciplines and organizations to interpret integrated and diverse processes and systems;
- Evaluate technical and non-technical aspects of an organisation’s asset management system; and
- Interrogate and interpret a wide range of documents, systems and personnel.
The tasks and activities to perform this role include:
- Identifying the symptoms and understand the benefits of integrated asset management processes and systems.
- Understanding how organisational elements relate to the requirements of an asset management system;
- Demonstrating a comprehension of asset management as a set of integrated technical and financial risk-based processes;
- Communicating with managers and resources.
Session 1 – Fundamentals of Asset Management
Session 2 – Learning from asset failures
Session 3 – Achieving financial returns
Session 4 – Driving asset efficiency and effectiveness, through design and contracting
Session 5 – Elements of the ISO55001
Session 6 – The value of Leadership and Culture
Session 7 – Development of a Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP)
Session 8 – Development of an Asset Management Plan (AMP)
Session 9 – Asset Information
Session 10 – Continual Improvement
Session 11 – Organisational Structures for asset management
Session 12 – Competency and Engagement