Course Length: 2 days
Note that this is normally conducted as an in-house facilitation or workshop
- Gain an awareness of why the Organisation/Company needs Asset Management Plans (AMPs) and what functions they fulfil;
- Gain the Essential Asset Management Knowledge of how to develop AMPs;
- Develop a draft AMP including (to be agreed):
- The scope and timeframe(s) for the draft AMPs;
- The tailoring of the Asset Management Council Models for the Organisation/Company (if needed);
- Relevant financial and operational considerations;
- The scope of the supporting Asset Management System; and
- The requirements for Asset Management Plans, including how many, assets in scope, timeframes and relevant financial considerations.
Course Target Audience: Senior asset managers that will be developing the AMPs
Course Summary: This 2-day training program offers a thorough overview of the role of the Asset Management Plans, what information is required to be included in the AMPs, how to develop and document that information and how to use the AMPs.
Session 1 – Why this workshop is necessary for the Organisation/Company and you
Session 2 – The future of asset management in the Organisation/Company
Session 3 – The role of, and requirements for, the various Asset Management artefacts
Session 4 – How the Organisation/Company intends to use the Asset Management Plans to achieve business outcomes/outputs
Session 5 – The content of the Organisation/Company AMPs
Session 6 – The process, responsibilities and timing for developing and implementing the Organisation/Company AMPs
Session 7 – Asset Management Governance
Session 8 – Way ahead
ISO 55001 Definition of an AMP – Documented information that specifies the activities, resources and timescales required for an individual asset, or a grouping of assets, to achieve the organization’s asset management objectives. The grouping of assets may be by asset type, asset class, asset system or asset portfolio.